Iran Visas and Authorization Codes
Getting an Iran visa is the most difficult part of your Iran trip. For countries like the UK, which have little to no diplomatic relations with Iran, you may find that you cannot even get a visa in your country because there is no Iranian embassy and so you may have to travel elsewhere. Brits have to travel to Dublin or Paris for example.
Getting Your Iran Authorization Code
Before you apply for your Iran visa (giving you up to 30 days), you have to apply for an Authorization Code. EVERYONE who want visit Iran has to have one of these Code and it will determine if you are granted an application for a visa or not. For those who HAVE to travel in a group or alone this code will normally be processed by a company.
When applying for the authorization code, you will need to specify which embassy you will be processing your visa at – a pain for those travel around with no solid plans. Once the code is granted you cannot change the embassy choice. It’s wise to choose an embassy in a city you are likely to fly to Iran from (see also timings below).
Our Iran travel and tour agencies are ready to get this Authorization Code for all nationalities.
Obtain your Iran Tourist Visa in 7 easy steps:
1. Fill out the visa form.
2. Wait for the application receipt confirmation and application fee payment instructions.
3. Pay the service fee. (USD 35.00)
- You will receive the visa authorization code after 7-10 working days.
5. Refer to the Iranian consulate you have selected and collect your visa.
6. Inform us about the receipt of the visa.
7. Enjoy visiting Iran J
Iran Visa Costs
Authorization codes (if not booking with tour (the visa service is free for our tours)) come with cost of around USD 59.00
Iran Visa Timings
- Your authorization code will take WEEKS to process
- It will most likely arrive with only a matter of DAYS to spare before your planned arrival in Iran or tour start date.
This means that before any trip to Iran, especially when travelling in a tour, you will be dashing to the embassy in the hope of them processing quickly (and where you may have to pay extra for fast-tracking) and booking flights very last minute (which is course doesn’t always guarantee the best price).
DON’T book your Iran flights or any travel arrangements until you know your visa will definitely be processed.
Refusal of Entry to Iran
The main reasons for Iranian visa refusal is if proof is found that you have travelled to Israel and the government’s paranoia based on your career (think journalists, media workers and similar).Diplomatic relations and any political actions for/against Iran based on historical or current issues at the time of applying may also affect your entry into the country.
On arrival visa of Iran
Obtain one-month tourist Iran visa upon arrival at the Iranian airports (VOA)
Iran visa on arrival (VOA) or Iran airport visa, refers to that kind of Iran visa received by nationals of all countries n ationalities (except those countries that listed below) that choose Iran as their travel destination for Iran tourist purpose. Iran visa on arrival (VOA) has usually 30 days validity and issued at six airports in Iran. In this article which is about Iran Visa on Arrival Unlimited Guide you to get Iran visa on arrival (VOA).You can fill the form of MFA (Iran visa form) on www.irandestination.com in order to get a pre-approval code for an Iran airports visa (VOA).
The Iran visa service cost for getting this kind of Iran visa pre-approval is USD78.00 per person. In fact, based on Iran visitors’ nationality, they also need to pay the Iran visa stamp fee on collection of the visa in their passport.
Iran visitors can obtain 30-days Iran Tourist Visa upon their Arrival at the Iran airports of:
IKA: Tehran-Iran Imam Khomeini Airport
THR: Mehrabad Airport -Tehran-Iran
MHD: Mashad Airport- Mashad-Iran
SYZ: Shiraz Airport – Shiraz -Iran
TBZ: Tabriz Airport – Tabriz -Iran
ISF: Isfahan Airport – Isfahan -Iran
1. The applicant (Iran visitor) should have a confirmed return ticket and a valid passport that at least 6 months validity and a personal photo to be attached to the application form of Iran visa applicants.
2. The Visa stamp fee for Iran visa on arrival (It depends on the applicant’s nationality) is payable to the Iran visa & passport office at the Iran airports.
3. This type of Iran visa is only for Iran tourist purposes and the followings are not entitled to this Iran visa facilitation.
3.1. Foreigner Journalists and reporters on mission.
3.2. Applicants whose applications for Iran Visa as an Iran visitor have been rejected before.
3.3. Iranians holding foreign passports but still maintaining their Iranian nationality.
4. Applicants (Iran visitors) can secure the Iran visa by completing the opposite form and receiving a pre-approval Iran visa code.
|Name of nationalities that are non-eligible for Iran airport visa (VOA):|
|USA, UK, Canada, Colombia, Somalia, Bangladesh, Jordan, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, India (since Mar. 2014)|